How to Create a Subscription with a different Initial Payment than the recurring amount.
This can be used for:
- Buy Now option to create an order without inputting a credit card
- Sending a free product after submitting a Web Form
Create 2 Separate Products
- One-time product for the initial payment
- A Subscription (separate from the one-time product)
- E-Commerce Setup > Left hand side “Payment Plans”
- Click “Add a Payment Plan”
- Fill in details > Click Save
- Add a promo code to the criteria so that it's not visible for other products, since it's specifically for the Action Set
- Marketing > Settings
- Left Side "Action Set"
- Click “Add an Action Set”
- From drop down > Create Order
- Select Payment Plan > Click "Save this Action"
- Add the Subscription product
- Use a purchase goal for the $1 product
- Connect to a Sequence, use a Delay Timer and the Action Set (Legacy)